This weekend was supposed to be an eventful one. My cousin got married on Saturday and my best friend’s baby got Christened on Sunday. I made Saturday’s event, but not Sunday’s due to that stomach bug that is going around. I was so upset to miss the Christening, but I’m sure the guests that did make it were appreciative of my absence.
I knew that these events were coming up, so over the past couple of weeks I made cards for them. Then Saturday morning, I got a request from the godmother to make her a card for Sunday’s event. I went through my supplies and wanted to use some of my supplies that I haven’t ever used before.
First, for the card that I made for my cousin for his wedding. I cut an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of black card stock down to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored it at 5 1/2″. I also cut a piece of white card stock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and a piece of red card stock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. For the background on the white piece, I used the falling hearts stencil from Simon Says Stamp and some barn door distress ink. I also used the barn door distress ink to stamp the couple dancing on a piece of 3″ x 4″ white card stock. This was matted with a 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ of red card stock and a 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ piece of black card stock.
To finish off the card, I cut a piece of red card stock down to 4 x 5 1/4″. I then took a Martha Stewart edge punch and punched out the heart design at the top for a decorative edge. I stamped the greeting in the same red distress ink on a piece of white card stock measuring approximately 3 x 4 3/4″.
Next – the christening card. I did one for my cousin’s son a couple of years ago. The background was done in religious scrapbook paper and then I used a ware thin die to cut out a scalloped circle. I took brown distress ink to color in the circle and then stamped a large cross in brown. I didn’t want to do something similar to that one for this Christening card, so I started going over in my mind what Cricut cuts I had. I came up with something that I thought might work.
The Teddy Bear Parade cartridge has a wedding dress and veil, but I thought that I could maybe turn that into a Christening dress. I made the basic teddy bear cut at 4 1/2″ and put those pieces together. I then cut the wedding dress and headband with flowers out in white. I used picked raspberry and dusty concord distress ink to color the two flowers of the headband. It looked a little plain to me, so I went through my drawers to see what I could add. I found some gems in purple and pink and added them to the flowers.
The dress has a cut line in the middle, so I needed to do something to hide that. I took some light pink ribbon and wrapped it around the dress and added some pink gems to the “belt” I created. I then added some lashes to the bear’s eyes with a black Sakura pen and white centers to her eyes with a white Sakura pen. The last part to the bear to make her look like a baby was to make the pacifier cut in purple and pink. I added the same gems from the dress and then the bear was complete!
For the background, I went through my patterned paper. I found some purple paper with crosses on it and cut it to 4″ x 5 1/4″. I also cut out the letters for “God Bless” from purple card stock. I got the font from my newest Cricut Cartridge, Suburbia. It’s the Housewife font at 1″. The last part was cutting a mat at 1/8″ larger than the background paper. I put all the pieces together and here is what it looks like:
The last Christening card is a totally different look from the one above. It’s more classic and simple. The card base is the same as the one above – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and is a side folding card. The mat was cut from a silver piece of card stock at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and the white embossed piece was cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″. To get the embossing on only part of the card stock, I used an item that I never used before – Tim Holtz’s diffusers. They came in a pack of three – one with an oval cut out in the middle, one circle cut out in the middle and one oval cut out at the top. The good thing is that you get both the positive and negative parts so you can create six different looks with the diffusers.
The diffusers work with embossing folders to only put embossing on a certain part of the card stock. Wherever the diffuser is, is where the embossing will be. For this card, I used the one with the oval cut out of the middle with the chevron embossing folder. I wanted to use another supply that I had lying around so I went through my embellishment drawer and found the “blingy” crosses. I had silver and gold crosses and since I had the silver scrapbook paper, I picked the silver one. (I did make a gold one as well). Here’s how that one turned out:
So here are three of my latest designs! I made a bunch of sketches and hopefully I will be able to start working on those designs soon. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave comments or questions and subscribe.
Pinterest – chelebelle1120
Twitter – scrapsecrets