Tonight I decided to try to make another card from this cartridge. One of my friends is having a birthday this month so I thought I would make a card for her. Looking through the images available on this cartridge, I found one with a birthday cupcake and made it for her.
I started off making the envelope (see previous Wild Card Cartridge post for the reason) and it was able to be cut at 5 1/4 inches. First I cut the image out regularly (icon plus shift key) in purple and then I cut the image in blackout (icon, blackout and shift keys) in white. Doing so makes a nice liner for the card and it also helped camouflage a minor error. When I cut the first image, one of the candles did not cut out correctly.
Next I cut out the card at the same size, 5 1/4 inches, in white card stock. I then also cut out the layers of the cupcake in white card stock. For the wrapper, I applied VersaMark to the whole surface and then applied silver embossing powder. Once it is heated, the wrapper looks like the shiny tin foil wrappers for cupcakes! I then took the icing of the cupcake and ran it through the Cuttlebug to create some movement in the icing. Next, I applied VersaMark to the raised part of the image and applied shiny blue embossing powder to the icing and heated it up. Then I glued those two pieces on top of the cupcake on the card and colored the candle and flame in with marker.
To fix the error that was made cutting out the purple layer of the envelope, I cut off the flames on the purple candle. I used the same technique I did on the candle on the cupcake for the candles on the envelope. I then glued the white liner to the purple envelope and then adhered the sides to form the envelope.
The final touches on the card were to stamp – party just because on the inside of the card. I took two different shades of purple (milled lavender and dusty concord) and inked up the stamp.Once that was complete, I glued the top of the envelope together and the card is ready to send!